Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Picking Friut





Have you ever wondered why you are drawn to and pick the fruits you do when you are at the grocery?

The other day I was having a conversation with my daughter Melissa, and we were discussing the type of fruit that we had eaten that morning. Both of us start our day off with a fresh bowl of fruit. She told me that she has been eating a lot of red fruit lately-strawberries, red grapes and so forth and I said that I have been eating a lot of yellow fruit-bananas, fresh pineapples, and mangos.

She believes that the fruits we are drawn to and eat correlate with the color of our chakras. So if someone needs a little more grounding or rooting you would gravitate to the red fruits, which represent the 1st chakra, located at the base of the spine. The function of the first chakra is foundation, survival and grounding. When the first chakra is in balance you feel secure, physically healthy, and a deep connection to nature.

And in my case, I am drawn to eating yellow fruit which identifies with the 3rd chakra, located in the mid section, the solar plexus. The function of this chakra is self definition, and when it is in balance you feel self confident, a clear sense of purpose, calm and a balance in relationships and life. Now when I cut up my morning bowl of fruit and sit down to enjoy it I have a little more to think about, and the experience is all the more luscious .


So the next time you go to the grocery store, take a minute to notice what fruits you are drawn to, don’t just go for the fruits you always buy, but stop and be present and buy from your intuition, your chakras could be telling you something!


To learn more about our chakra system check out http://www.chakraenergy.com/

1 comment:

  1. I took the chakra test and realized that my green chakra is totally out of wack! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete