Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Incredible Juicer


If you choose to go down the raw food path, or you are getting very serious about your health, there will be a necessary piece of equipment that you will have to purchase, the incredible Juicer.............. I actually purchased a juicer years ago, spent alot of money, only to replace it with my current juicer. The juicer that I now use is one that I would totally recommend to anyone. I have a Breville juicer, which can be bought at William Sonoma,  or Macy's or online. It is die-cast stainless steel, with titanium plated cutting disk, 1000 watts of power, 13,000 rpm at high speed. Model 800JEXL.

I juice the bulk of what I eat!...Yes, that is what I said. When I first started juicing, I wasn't even sure why I wanted to do it; I just thought it was a healthy thing to do. I wasn't a person that ate alot of fresh vegetables. I ate salads off and on, but always with blue cheese dressing. Probably more blue cheese than lettuce! But now that I eat an all raw diet I juice because I understand the concept behind detoxing my cells, and taking in live enzymes through fresh green leafy vegetables and friuts.

Fresh green vegetables and fresh fruit contain live enzymes. Enzymes are substances that make LIFE possible. They are needed for every chemical reaction that takes place in the human body. No mineral, vitamin, or hormone can do any work without enzymes. Our bodies, all our organs, tissues, and cells are run by metabolic enzymes.-Dr. Howell, Enzyme Nutrition

Face it, most of us have spent our lives consuming a lot of trash food devoid of live enzymes. That would be boxed food with chemicals and preservatives, chips, pizzas, French fries, cakes, pies cookies, ice cream; the list goes on and on. We have spent years poisoning our cells.

But we can reverse the effects of bad eating and begin to heal our bodies through juicing. When you juice, you feed your body live enzymes. When you cook your food over 118 degrees, you destroy them. We must be responsible and help our bodies out with digestion. If the food you are taking in is not being digested properly through the help of live enzymes, it ends up as incrusted mucus in the lining of our large intestines with no way to be eliminated. (Waste) This undigested food provides an arena for bad bacteria, sickness and disease. I love what Natalia Rose says,............waste=weight

Waste matter in the body creates both disease and excess weight. If you are overweight and trying to lose it, don't kid yourself into thinking that your extra weight is not directly connected to the waste material that has overburdened your body’s cells and tissues, It is!"

Here is my juice recipe that I drink once or twice a day religiously.

Green or red kale 8-10 stalks

2 apples (usually fugi or gala)

1 lemon

red or golden beet

1/2 head romaine lettuce

1/2 inch fresh ginger



I switch up the greens sometimes with other greens and I use spinach. You don't have to peel the fruit, just quarter the apples and throw everything in!! I didn't start off with organic produce...but now it is a must.

So what is holding you back? Begin to detox your body, feel better, look better, act better! Read about it, Google it, talk to a friend, and then go ahead and get started!

2 comments:

  1. After meeting Jan and reading a few Natalia Rose books, I decided to purchase this juicer. I use it everyday and my family enjoys the benefits of fresh juice at the touch of a button. It is so easy to use and clean up is relatively simple. I would suggest to help ease yourself into the taste of the "green drink" to incorporate more apples and lemon when you are first beginning. Once you begin to notice the benefits of juicing you will naturally add more greens to your juice. One benefit I saw immediately was the improvement in my skin tone. I rarely have to wear foundation anymore as my skin just glows on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I have a juicer, but you are making me think that I need a better one!! Is clean up really that easy? I love the idea of juicing, but the daily cleaning makes me want to push it into a corner! Let me know your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete