Monday, November 23, 2009

A few of Jan's Thanksgiving recipes




Before I went RAW, two of my favorite dishes at Thanksgiving were dressing and pumpkin pie. So I decided that I wasn't going to let a little thing like going raw keep me from enjoying them this year .... After much research I have come across a couple of recipes that I will be making this year and wanted to pass them on......

Raw Pumpkin Pie

Crust
2 cups pecans or walnut
1/2 cup of soaked dates
dash of seasalt

Blend the ingredients in food processor of high speed blender, then evenly distribute in the bottom of a pie plate.


Pumpkin Pie Filling
2 cups shredded pumpkin, butternut squash, or sweet potato flesh

1 cup soaked dates
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. freshly diced ginger
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. coconut oil
Dash of vanilla
•1/4 cup almond milk or water to help blend


If you donʼt feel like shredding the pumpkin by hand, simply cube and place in a high speed blender or food processor until itʼs nicely chopped, then add rest of ingredients and blend till smooth/ might need a little more liquid-pour into pie crust and chill for 30 min.

(this recipe came from Raw Food Witch)

Thanksgiving Raw Dressing

2 cups golden raisins
1 cup apple juice
3 cups chopped apple
1&1/2 cupps chopped nuts
1&1/2 cups finely chopped sunflower seeds
1/2 tea cinnamon
1/4 tea nutmeg
pinch of sage
pinch of thyme

Soak raisins in apple juice for an hour....Mix with remaining ingredients... chill for several hrs.
(I always use organic friuts and vegtables)

Give these a try and let me know how they turned out!!
Wishing all of you Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi There. I noticed you added me to your blogroll, which is great :) Thanks for following my blog.

    That pumpkin pie sounds divine! I will have to try it out. Love your blog!!

    Peace, Love & Monkeys

    ReplyDelete