Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Avocado-The Raw Holiday Stress Reliever




Ahh, the beatiful green avocado! It has so many uses.....But one of my favorite uses of the avocado is as a fask mask. There is nothing better than applying a avocado face mask to relax and relieve stress....
Avocados are high in sterolins, which are reputed to reduce age spots, help heal sun damage and scars.
The sterolins (plant steroids) in the oil help to soften the skin and imparts a superior moisturizing effect. The reason the avocado oil has the advantage over other plant oils is because it has the highest skin penetration rate. It is an extremely good moisturizing and nourishing compound, assisting in the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin.  So with all that being said here is how easy it is to make.............

1 avocado
(scoop out the contents into a bowl)
1 tea honey

Smash the avocao until creamy and mix in the honey
Apply over face, keeping away from the eyes
leave on for 15-20 min
Rinse face and cleanse

I cut 2 pieces of cucumber to put over my eyes and the relaxation begins....................



(I look like an alien but it feels amazing!)

Just find a place in your home where you can be by yourself for 15-20 min and turn on some music, use some aromotherapy, and relax. The cumcumbers have an amazing cooling effect, and they help you to relax because they block out the outside world. You might just find yourself doing some meditaion!

When your time is up, just rinse your face in warm water and clease as normal. I moisturize my skin with avocado oil because it penatrates the skin so well and leaves my skin soft and supple.


( I took this picture right after I rinsed the mask off)

So take a little time for yourself and be treated to a wonderful relaxing experience!

Also don't forget about the salt baths and camomille herb tea.................
P.S. I have been known to enhance the relaxation with a chilled glass of wine!!

Until next time,

Google it ,read about it, talk to a friend, then go out and do it!

Jan

3 comments:

  1. Janeeeeee! I love this post! I am going to make this mask as soon as I get back to Memphis this week. Love your pictures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan,
    Thanks for the comment. I want to see your pictures!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just happened to buy 5 avocados yesterday. hheemmm wonder what I will be doing today?

    ReplyDelete