Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eco Friendly Green Cleaning




CONSCIOUS DELIBERATIONS

I put a lot of thought and emphasis into my raw food diet.  Thinking about what's in the fridge, when am I going to juice my green drink, what's raw for dinner tonight?  I think about how much I understand food and digestion now.  Lots of thought towards the raw food life.  So, I started thinking about how I would like for all aspects of my life to be as clean, organic, and thoughtfully deliberate as my choice of food.  This is an evolving journey that is always improving with the goal to make my whole life as clean and green as the food I eat. 

I will share many conscious deliberations over the course of the blog.  Today, I will share conscious liberation from toxic household chemicals.  Cut and dry... get rid of all of them, please recycle the bottles.  So what do I use?  Glad you asked.  I am always checking labels, but right now Seventh Generation products.  They are environmentally safe, non toxic products.  You can buy laundry and dishwashing detergent, dishwashing soap, bathroom and kitchen cleaner, and trash bags.  They sell non toxic diapers and wipes, also 100% recycled, 80% post-consumer toilet paper and paper towels.  I seriously do not want another tree cut down for toilet paper.  The brand Marcal, another paper company, has been saving trees since 1950. Their paper is also from 100% recycled material, check them out.  Yes, you will pay a few dollars more, but there is something to  say about treading light, leaving a small carbon footprint, or just being responsible.  Not to mention what a great investment into your health by preventing toxic chemicals in your home, in your lungs, and on your skin.  You can find Seventh Generation at Whole Foods or online at http://www.seventhgeneration.com/, or for discounts http://www.vitacost.com/, and I get Marcal at Fred Meyers or Kroger.

A great non toxic cleanser you can make in your own home is:
1 cup vinegar
1 lemon juiced
1/4 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of non toxic soap
2 liters of hot water
Mix all the ingredients together and get to work

I clean floors, walls, counters, cabinets, refrigerator, bathrooms and more with this concoction.  I use it in a bucket and a spray bottle. 

Join the Revolution...
Protect Our Earth, Protect Our Health, Protect Our Children

Keep it Raw-
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Yes, less is so much more. You go Mom, we will change the next generation. Grow your own, where you can, Make your own, when you can. And BUY Seasonal, Local, Organic, Wild! The SLOW Way. Every thousand mile journey, starts with the first step:) Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete