Monday, May 7, 2012

Protein Drinks that ROCK!


One question that I get asked a lot is, "what is in your superfood protein drinks?" So I decided to do a short video to show some of the ingredients that I use. Just bear with the video, my husband was filming and this is his first production!!! Clearly after watching it I can see that a proper video camera is going to have to be high on the priority list!! The iPhone isn't really going to cut it!!! Just watch and enjoy....under the video I have listed the ingredients and their benefits.



As I said in the video, start with ice and coconut water. I usually start with filling up the bottom of the blender with ice-probably about 10-15 cubes, then I pour the coconut water up to the 12oz mark. Then I add the fruit (by the way when I said I add pineapple, I just add a small cut off piece, not the whole pineapple) and my aloe vera gel-1/4 cup, coconut oil(1 tbls) and then the dry ingredients.
I also added the pineapple stem after I pulled all the green leaves off the top.
The protein powder that I use is the Sun Warrior-plain, if I 'm using hemp seeds I just use one scoop.
If not I use 2. Each scoop protein powder has 15 grams of protein.

I buy my hemp seeds from www.wildernesspoets.com  I know them personally and totally trust their products. Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain a healthy life. This source of protein is easily digestible and has the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids to meet human nutritional needs. It is packed with 33-37 percent digestible protein.
I also buy my coconut oil from them or you can get it on amazon or Whole Foods. Just make sure you read how the oil was extracted and that no chemicals were used in the extraction.
Coconut oil has strong antioxidant properties, and lowers your cholesterol.

The chlorella tablets come from Healthforce-Chlorella Manna. Chlorella is a great source of chlorophyll, protein, iron, antioxidants, B12, and 19 amino acids. It also has been tested and proven to fight against cancer cells. I throw in about 20 tablets. If you have never taken these, start with less, and build up.

I buy the rest of my ingredients from www.mountainroseherbs.com

Bee Pollen: Full of antioxidants
Increases strength and energy
Helps fight against allergies
Contains most of the b vitamins and is 25% protein
I use 2 teaspoons

Maca Root Powder:I love this powder!! It is considered an adaptagen which means it balances and stabilizes your glandular hormone, nervous and cardiovascular systems. Start out with 1 tbl them increase to 2. It really does help with hormone balance, whether you are pre, peri, or post menopause.

Last but not least-Aloe Vera Gel-
Great for digestion, and beautiful skin.

Everyone has their favorites items that they want to put into their smoothies. This is my basic one, and you can just play around with different ingredients until you get the desired taste. Sometimes I have to add more coconut water so that it isn't too thick. Also, if you don't have a blendtech blender or a vita-mix, you can use a regular blender with these particular ingredients. Try it out and let me know!!!

Until next time,
Jan



                                                        




  

No comments:

Post a Comment