Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chia Seeds

A friend of mine called me the other day and asked me where my post about Chia Seeds was in my archives. I told her I didn't think I had ever written on them even though I take them everyday. So I ran across this video and wanted to share some information about this amazing seed that does so much!


Here are my reasons why I love them so much!!

They have more omega 3's than flax seed.
They balance your blood sugar levels
They help with weight loss.
They are natures highest plant based form of protein which gives you extra energy..
Great source of protein for vegetarians, veagan and raw eaters.

I just put them in my morning smoothies. They really do not have any taste. But I have found that because they swell up and turn into a gel consistency, you feel full longer, therefore suppressing your appetite.

Give them a try, and see what you think!! I order mine from www.wildernesspoets.com
Make sure you get the organic ones that have not been sprayed with pestisides!!

Until later,
Jan



2 comments:

  1. chia seeds in kombucha nommmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love chia seeds around here! I just put them in my water/juice combo. I've found they don't taste so good in plain water. Even my daughter loves them!

    ReplyDelete