Monday, May 24, 2010

PASSION IS EVERYTHING....



Passion....what does it mean?  No, I'm not talking about your passion for someone...I'm talking about your passion for your life.

If you look up passion in the dictionary it says:
A strong feeling or emotion...
Something that is desired intensely...
An irresistible motive for a belief or action...

We all have a passion for something...but do you live your passion, or just dream about living your passion?

Recently my daughter Amy, (writter for her own blog, http://www.clickclackmom.com/) told me about a book "Crush It".

The book was written to help you recognize your passion, discover how to make it your life's work, and then actually make a living off of it. If your work is your passion, you never feel like you are working...

The author of the book, Gary Vaynerchuck, starts out by saying that there are 3 simple rules that he lives by...
Love your family.
Work super hard.
Live your passion.

Well, I had the first 2 down pat, but I knew that I wasn't quite doing #3...Living my passion.

First of all we have to determine what our passion is...and for myself, I believe my passion in life has grown and changed as I have grown and changed. When I was a stay home mom raising my children, my life passion was to be the best mother that I could be.
Nothing was more important to me than fulfilling my role as a  mother. And if you are a parent, you know that there is no harder job.
But after my children were raised and gone, I had to spend some time with myself and do some soul searching.....But I didn't have to search too long.....
Sure, I've worked different jobs over the years, did they make me happy?..Yes, they made me happy..
Did I enjoy working those jobs?...Yes I did...

But was I just working for the sake of working, or was I living my passion? If I am honest I would have to say that I was working for the sake of working and not living my passion. I quickly found out that if I wasn't living my passion, I was following someone else's dreams.
It wasn't until the last couple of years that I realized that my passion, my love, my irresistible motive for a belief was right in front of my nose..(literally),
My love of raw food and what I call the raw lifestyle.

The reason I know that it is my passion is because I think about it 24/7 in some shape form of fashion...When I wake up in the middle of the night I'm thinking about it. I talk about it constantly. I never stop expanding my knowledge of the subject and I can't wait to share what I have learned with anyone that will listen. Eating raw, and living this raw lifestyle has changed my life more than anything...ever!!!

And now my passion has become my work....I am using my passion to help change lives!! People are seeking me out to learn through a guided program how to improve their lives by changing the way they eat and the way they think. I am seeing them lose weight, find happiness, receive emotional and physical healing and improve the quality of their lives.
This isn't work for me, it is sheer JOY!!!

In June my daughter Hannah, who owns Give Yoga Memphis, in Memphis Tn and I are holding our first of many weekend workshops on Introduction to Raw Food and Kundalini Yoga.

I have also started writing a book about my life, and all the amazing events that have happened to me to bring me to where I am today. My hope for this book is that it will inspire and motivate readers to live their truth, follow their hearts, and live their passion!!


So what is on your mind 24/7? What do you think about, talk about, eat, drink, and breathe? That would be your passion....what are you doing with that passion? Zero in on your passion and make it your life work, instead of working at something you don't love just to make a life....Do your own soul searching and find your passion in life..the world is waiting for you to share....




This post is dedicated to my amazing children, they live their passions everyday and never stop inspiring me....

No comments:

Post a Comment