Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A week of travel....

Last week I traveled with my husband and got to hang out at this awesome resort in WA State. I had no idea that a place like this existed  in the state of Washington. It was a resort nestled down in the middle of a beautiful lake, surrounded by hills and mountains.



Even though it was on a lake, sand had been shipped in to provide the guests with the feeling of being on a beach.

The weather was absolutely perfect!!  And as you can see the sunset was one to be remembered!!

I thought you might be interested in what I carry on these road trips so that I can continue to eat like I do at home....
Also a note about my husband, he is a real trouper when it comes to hauling all my wares in and out of the car. 



The first item is the cooler that contains all my greens for juicing. The base of the juicer is sitting on top of the cooler and the blender and electric tea kettle are in the bags. I like to take my stainless steel tea kettle so that I can make my hot tea anytime I want and not have to leave my room.



Along with my greens, I bring all my superfoods to make my morning smoothies, maca, coconut oil, marine phytoplankton, just to name a few.


I break out my juicer around 4:00 to juice  kale, rainbow chard, apples, romaine lettuce, lemons and ginger.

I also brought along fruits and nuts to munch on during the day.

It looks like a lot to travel with, but from what I can remember, it' is definitely much less stuff than what I used to take when I travelled with my small children!!

And the best part...one happy me!!



Until next time,

Jan


P.S. If you want my smoothie and juice recipes, they are in my are in my archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment