Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two musts haves for Beautiful skin...

This coming Friday and Saturday I will be teaching a workshop, “Eating for Beauty”, along with my daughter Hannah. One of the topics for this weekend will be on ways to improve and beautify your hair, skin and nails.

So here is a little preview of what’s to come.

Two musts for beautiful skin and hair are silicon and sulfur, (MSM). So what are these, and how do you get them?



When we are born we have large amounts of silicon in our body.  But recent studies have shown that due to our present day demineralized diet, much of our silicon is lost by, get this, age 10, and continues to decline even more as we age.

Why do we need silicon and sulfur? The body must have silicon and sulfer in order to maintain elasticity and collagen. Sulfur provides that radiant healthy glow to our skin.



With declining amounts of silicon and sulfur, premature aging sets in, and the skin begins to sag and wrinkle. Also your hair begins to lose it’s luster, shine and thickness. Not the type of aging process I’m looking for.

So what do I do? I buy silicon and MSM and add it to my daily regime. These are the ones that I am using right now.  Bluebonnet brand of MSM and Cell food brand for silicon.

As always if I find something better I will pass it on

Also, some silicon and sulfur rich foods that you can add to your diet:

Silicon

Tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, romaine lettece and bell peppers

Sulfur

Broccoli, kale, maca, brussel sprouts, bee pollen and blue green algae

Get an early start.....preserve your hair, skin and nails.

until next time,

Jan

1 comment:

  1. I could learn silicon and sulfur is helpful for beautiful skin.
    I should eat tomatoes,blue green algae,etc...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete