Sunday, March 3, 2013

SO DELICIOUS

I was shopping at Whole Foods this week and walked past the case that contained all of their yogurts.
Years ago I ate yogurt everyday. My favorite was cherry yogurt. I loved it so much I bought a yogurt maker. But when I shifted my diet and stopped eating dairy I quit eating yogurt. But that didn't mean that I didn't miss it. So when I walked past the yogurts at the store the other day I decided to investigate and see if there was any yogurt that was dairy free besides soy based yogurts. And low and behold there was So Delicious Coconut Milk Greek Yogurt, made from organic coconuts. I bought a couple of them and tried them out. They are a little more pricey than most yogurts but I think they are definitely worth it. I tried out the blueberry and raspberry. I will be buying more!!

Coconuts have so many amazing benefits for us.

Coconut in sansckrit ( ancient language of India), is known as the tree that supplies all that is needed to live. WOW!!!
Coconut water is almost identical to human blood plasma, which makes it a universal donor.

The "meat" of the coconut has the ability to rejuvinate age-related oxidative tissue damage-helps prevent aging and degenerate diseases.

Improves the functioning of the nervous system
Very useful in weight loss, because it increases the metabolism.

Also strenghtens the immune system and improves digestion.

You can actually apply topically to a bruise or wound and helps with the healing.

For women who are concerned about their calcium being absorbed-coconut will help your body absorb what ever form of calcium that you are taking.

I haven't been buying fresh coconuts yet, but that is on my list of to do's-After researching the benefits of the coconut water, I am ready to learn how to pop a hole into the shell and insert a straw and drink the water......

These are only a very few benifits of the coconut....it would take many blogs to list them all!

And to be honest, besides all the health benefits of coconuts-the raw truth is, it just makes me feel like Im on a tropical vacation every morning when I open the jar of coconut oil to add to my morning smoothies, I get to smell that incredible smell...


 
Untill next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment