I m not at all surprised at the attention they are getting due to the amazing results that come from these superfoods.
Spirulina is a single-celled blu-green spiral algae. It grows in lakes and waterways around the world.
It's green color comes from chlorophyll and the exotic blue color comes from phycocyanian. Spirulina has a long history of helping to sustain and develop the food chain.
Why is Spirulina so good for us?
* It has the highest concentration of protein found in any food-65-71 percent protein.
*An amazing source of natural enzymes, chlorophyll, and pytonutrients.
* Complete source of protein-It contains all eight essential amino acids, and eighteen total.
* It contains as much iron as red meat.
* Contains the following antioxidants: Beta-carotene,:Increases life span and builds the immune system.
Chlorophyll: blood builder and purifier
Zeaxanthin: the most important antioxidant for improving vision.
* Best known source of GLA-gamma-linolenic acid: essential fatty acid for a healthy nervouse system.
Because it is a fatty acid it makes ones skin and hair shinny and strong but soft.
Okay, so Im thinking that you get the picture as to why this algae is considered a superfood.
I get Spirulina in powder form (pure hawaiian) and add it to my smoothies-but you can buy it in tablet form also.
For raw foodies, vegatarians and vegans, it is a perfect source of protein.
Also a great source of iron for anyone that is iron deficient.
So check it out and do your body a favor and add Spiralina to your diet-it will only benefit you!
Keep checking back 8 more to go......
Until next time,