Monday, October 21, 2013

Invigorating Face Mask

My niece Elizabeth Fuller who writes the blog www.aloversanthology.com did a post on a honey, cinnamon and nutmeg face mask. So honestly I stole this idea from her!!! I tried it out this morning and loved it. Here are the ingredients and instructions.

 
 
Honey
 


 
Cinnamon
 


 
Nutmeg

2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon nutmeg

Mix all together in a bowel and it becomes a dark brown paste.
Apply all over the surface of your face. Leave it on for about 30-40 minutes.Then rinse off with warm water. I had to use a warm cloth to remove all of it.  Then I splashed cold water on my face to close my pores.

Here are some benefits of this mask.

Honey has antibacterial properties and has been used t help your skin heal from wounds. When applied to acne spots, honey may stop the swelling by killing any infection.

Cinnamon is an antiseptic. It will reduce he bacteria on the surface of your skin. It also stimulates and revitalizes the skin b drawing blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the surface of your skin leaving a glow.

Nutmeg is an anti fungal, antibacterial along with an anti-inflammatory. Nutmeg can reduce the infection and swelling around your clogged pores resulting in smaller spots and smoother scars.





I love this mask. My face looks redder than it really is,(I need a new camara), but it does draw the blood to the surface and you look somewhat like you have been out in the sun. It is supposed to be really good for people that are trying to clear up blemishes. Give it a try and see what you think.

Until next time,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment