Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mung Bean Pasta

In my quest for food that is good, vibrant, healthy and tastes good, I have come across one that I will have to call one of my top 10!! Mung bean pasta. Sounds crazy....Right?? But wait till you try it, I am convinced that you will love it as much as I do.



Up until last week the only thing that I ever did with mung beans was to sprout them and put them on my salads. But O what a difference a week makes!!
Mung beans have some great nutritional value and benefits. They are rich in vitamin B and C, proteins, and magnesium. They help in digestion and control the amount of cholesterol content in our body. Because they contain calcium and potassium they help strengthen our bones and teeth.
Mung beans are low in calories and rich in proteins and fiber and can also help in weight loss.
They are rich in protein inhibitors which are helpful in reducing the manipulation of tumor cells including those of breast cancer. They are also a diabetic friendly food

And if that isn't enough, they are high in fiber and help improve intestinal mobility.
The mung bean contains phytoestrogens and help in the secretion of collagen and elastin which help in enhancing the skin tone.
And it is gluten free!  All that in one little bean!!

I bought my fist bag of organic mung bean pasta last week and I cannot stop eating it!!


I ordered mine from Amazon- You get 6 bags for around $20.00.

If you are a raw food eater you just dump some pasta in a bowl and pour water over it and put it in the refrigerator for about 36 hours. Drain the water and put what ever raw sauce or topping you want on it. Otherwise, boil them for about 5-6 min and put your favorite marinara sauce or pesto on top. You will be shocked at how good this is. High in fiber and Protein, and no gluten.




Last night I had my friend Abby White of http://blissholistichealth.com/ over for dinner and served her the mung bean pasta with basil pesto. She loved it!!


Check it out and give it a try!! I don't think you will be disappointed. And for all of you moms out there looking for a gluten free pasta that your kids would love, try it!!

Until next time,
Jan
www.realrawbeauty.com

1 comment: