Monday, December 3, 2012

Exfoliate and Radiate





I am a huge believer in exfoliating my skin! I think that it is such an important skin care regime.
Actually this week I am setting up a exfoliating calendar so that I remember to exfoliate my face at least 3 times a week. I agree it takes a little extra time to do it, but it is so worth it.
 I can always tell when I need to to it because my skin starts looking dull and unresponding.

As we all know new skin cells are continually being created. What do we think happens to the old skin cells that die, and they all will. When we were young children our skin cells would turnover and slough off on their own very quickly and bada bing new beautiful skin. The sloughing slows down in our 20's and by our thirties we are in need of assistance. The skin cells on the top layer of our skin
(the epidermis) do not naturally slough off on their own. So in order to reveal the new skin under the dead skin cells we have to exfoliate. Otherwise we end up with a dull complexion, which makes us look older than we are. Also exfoliation helps promote cellular renewal-and that's what we all want.
This in turn helps produce collagen and helps with the skins elasticity.

I use a very simple method of exfoliation for my face. I use the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Kit.
It is easy affordable and gets results.
It comes with a hand held battery operated little machine that you apply small round pads that have tiny fine crystals for gentle exfoliation. You just put a new pad on the machine, turn it on and away you go.  I use it on my face, neck and chest.  My skin always looks amazing when I finish. Of course I apply Radiant Skin to my face when I'm finished exfoliating because it is a wonderful opportunity for your skin to soak up all the vitamins and antioxidants and add a little more radiance! www.realrawbeauty.com

 


 I know that there are a lot of different methods you can use. Some people pay lots of money to salons and dermatologist to have professionals exfoliate their skin. And others use home remedies like mixing sugar or salt with a small amount of water and use like a scrub. But whatever method works for you just make sure that you are doing something to get rid of dead skin cells from the surface of your skin.

Also don't forget the rest of your body. I have a body brush that I use to dry brush my skin before I get into the shower. I always brush upward towards my heart to stimulate and circulate my skin.


 If you are not exfoliating, I hope this motivates you to start and if you are, keep it up!!
 
Until next time,
Jan
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment