Monday, May 14, 2012

Recipe for a Beautiful You



From all my years of studying supplements, skin creams, foods, cleanses, essential oils, herbs, superfoods and much much more, I have narrowed down for myself and some very close friends and family members, what I call "My recipe for Beauty-inside and out!! So I thought I would share this "recipe" with my readers. I'm not sure how many posts it will take to give all my ingredients, but here we go with the first few!! The food we put into our body has more impact than almost all of them put together, so it is my #1.

 FOOD-The food that we choose to eat will eventually make it's way to your outer skin. I know that shifting from the Traditional American Diet to a way of eating that supports good health and beautiful skin is a process. It took me years to go from a vegetarian diet to a raw diet. But we all have to start somewhere. If you are young, it's hard to imagine the beautiful skin you have in twenty's ever changing! But trust me it does. If I had known in my twenty's what I know now I would have changed my diet much earlier in life. Even if you are not a raw or vegan food eater, just start adding live fresh vegetables and fruits to your diet-especially live greens. If you don't want to eat that many live greens get yourself a juicer and juice them and take advantage of the live enzymes. Drink more water and hydrate your skin. Also make sure you are getting your proper amount of protein from a great source.  I have written blogs on this, but I get my protein from vegetable based protein powder, hemp seeds and blue green algae, just to name a few. There is so much information out there on plant based diets, you can get all the information you need to be on the road to feeling better than you ever thought,  along with increasing your energy, and looking better than ever with a fresh radiant glow!!



#2 Detox and Cleanse-To me detoxing and cleaning out your body of toxic matter is as important as the food we eat. There are so many ways to detox. Just living from day to day and breathing the outside air, and drinking water from the tap brings toxins into your body. The foods we eat, especially if they have been sprayed with pesticides put toxins in us, the list goes on and on.  A few things that I do for detoxing are:
I take Oceans Alive Marine Phytoplankton, Chlorella tablets, Zeolite Daily Detox form Healthforce. All of these remove toxins and metals. Since your skin is the largest organ your body has, this is where the toxins will be seen the most. Also, I recommend colonics on a regular basis, to clean out your colon. I have read so much material stating that the colon is the source where all disease originates. So not only are you helping your skin look better, and you feel better, but you are helping your body remove toxins that could possibly cause sickness and disease. Also if you live in or near the Memphis area, my daughter's yoga studio, Give Yoga Memphis is hosting a 7 day cleanse along with 7 days of yoga at the end of the month. Check out www.giveyogamemphis.com for details.



#3 Antioxidants-Since we take in through air, water and food free radicals (the molecules that cause aging, wrinkles,cellular damage, sickness and disease) we need to be taking in plenty of antioxidants to combat and kill off the free radicals.  The list of antioxidants is really long, but I will refresh your memory with a few:
Astaxathin, sea buckthorn berry, vitamin E and C, moringa oil, carrot seed oil, fruits,green pepper, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, kale and cantaloupes.

#4 Skin oils, creams and lotions-Whatever you choose to put on top of your skin, from cleansing to moisturizing is very important.  Most OTC face and body cleansers and moisturizers have a variety of chemicals in them. Take some time and look up the ingredients on your cleanser and moisturizers. I have come to the conclusion after many years of trying every imaginable face product that if I can't take the ingredients listed on the label internally, then I'm not putting them on my skin. Trust me, it has been quite a challenge to find cleansers and moisturizers that fit that request. So over a period of years I have created my own, which I will be making available to the public to buy very soon. It is a combination of organic high end healing oils that combined not only cleanse your face but moisturize your face at the same time. And I would turn up the bottle and take a spoonful without thinking twice-O yeah, I really do that!!! So keep your ears open, I will be letting you know when it will be available.




So just starting to change your diet, detoxing, adding in antioxidants along with being mindful of what you are putting on your skin topically puts you on the road to experiencing beauty from the inside out!! It's never too late to change an old habit, and when you start seeing amazing results-you're hooked!!

I promise you that if you are doing just these 4 things you will begin to feel better, look better and act better!!! Don't just take my word for it try it, investigate this on your own.


Until next time,
Jan

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your products! Thanks for continuing to provide wonderful info on keeping our bodies healthy!
    www.thegreenmother.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog from your daughter in law's. I'm really wanting to try out a healthier approach to skin care. What products do you recommend? What are your thoughts on Arbonne? I'm 29 and trying to clear up my skin and prevent wrinkles.
    kellycfranks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete