Monday, May 17, 2010

Topsy Turvy




For those of us that do not have the space for a garden or maybe you just don't own a rototiller, you will be excited to know that you can still grow a few of your own organic vegetables with a device called a Topsy Turvy.  My plan for the post this week was to show you step by step with pictures how I put my tomato and red pepper plants in my Topsy Turvy. But the week got away and no pictures were made and then I ended up going out of town with my husband for 5 days....So this week you just get to hear about it and hopefully next week you can actually see the pictures. But until then, I thought you might enjoy this instructional video from youtube.








I love the Topsy Turvy because it's an easy way to grow tomatoes, along with red and green peppers. I think I use more tomatoes and red peppers than any other vegetables, except maybe zucchini. But zucchini doesn't grow in one of these.




As she said you just buy the Topsy Turvey, (check with Home Depot, or Lowes) place your plant through the bottom hole, roots on the inside. Then fill it up with organic potting soil, and then water. After you get it put together find a place to hang it that has adequate sun and wow, watch it grow!!!




I love eating fresh vegetables that I have grown!!! The taste is so amazing...

So if you want to get your hands dirty with a little do it yourself organic gardening, try out a Topsy Turvy!



Give it a try, and see what you think.....

Until next time,

Jan

4 comments:

  1. Do they come in a single size? I usually have a great variety of veggies in my fridge, I'd need several of these...How long does it take to grow tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SanFrancisco...
    Yes I have one for my tomatoe plant and one for the red pepper. I believe it takes 4-6 weeks for the tomatoes. Let me know how yours work out for you!
    Thanks,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I need to find the pepper one, because I have only seen the tomato one. Call me. I have news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I bought a similar one from walmart recently and I cant wait to try it out. (it came with seeds), so just waiting till they are ready to be planted. great idea with the green peppers, will have to try that too!

    ReplyDelete